Outma Sqilx’w Cultural School is located on the Penticton Indian Band Reserve overlooking both Skaha Lake and Okanagan Lake. Outma Sqilx’w Cultural School serves students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade Eight. Currently, the school has a population of approximately 80 students. Outma Sqilx’w Cultural School offers a strong Nsyilxen Language and Culture Program and a solid academic program which meets provincial learning outcomes. Special attention is given to create a safe and welcoming school environment.
Outma Sqilx’w Cultural School has a large staff consisting of;
- Six Culture and Language Teachers (including two elders)
- Six Homeroom Teachers
- One Administrator
- One Receptionist
- Two Education Assistant/Speech and Language Pathologist Assistants
- One In-School Counsellor
- One Technology Technician
- One Supported Child Development Worker
- One part-time Lunch Cook
- Two Bus Drivers
- Three Janitors
- One part-time Speech and Language Pathologist
Due to our class size limits of eighteen students per class and small staff to student ratios, our students receive a lot of individualized support where needed.